Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Tia!!!



This cake was for a very special little lady... This work of love was for Chris' (and soon to be my) Tia's 95th birthday. Tia is Chris' great aunt and for this many years under her belt a cake was definitely in order! Traditonal white cake with lofty pink whipped cream frosting, decorated with pink and purple fresh flowers and dusted with fairy dust for added glimmer! A purple fondant bow placed on more fresh flowers (top right corner) and matching fondant ribbon (around the bottom edges) continued the very delicate theme. Instead of writing the traditional happy birthday across the middle I made a fondant "stationary card" that read "Happy Birthday Tia!" It was a gorgeous cake and she truly enjoyed it, as did everyone else... I hope!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Very beautiful and tasty I'm sure...even for whipped cream frosting. :) Keep em' coming lady!

Unknown said...

Hi I am a friend of Jessica, and she told me to look at this blog because I am looking for someone to make a wedding cake for my fiance and I for June 13, 2009. Is there any way that I could set up a consultation with you?

Thank you,
Andrea Rascon
Please contact Jessica for my information