Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Dawn~!


I truly believe that all Grandma's deserve a gorgeous basket cake! This beautiful cake was made for my best friends Grandmother. Grandma Dawn was turning 80 and this needed to be a very memorable birthday! I got the wonderful opportunity to make the cakes for her surprise birthday party! The basket was made of her favorite red velvet cake and covered in white buttercream. Fresh flowers and a pretty red fondant handle topped it all off! I made a cheesecake as well because something needed to say Happy Birthday and who doesn't want 2 birthday cakes anyway?Especially when it's cheesecake! Well Happy Birthday Grandma Dawn I hope the cakes were as good as they looked!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda,

Thank you so much for the cakes for Gramma Dawn. They were beautiful.

Uncle Jeff